Tuesday, May 16, 2006

If I only knew then....

No one told me it'd be like this. Would I have signed on the line anyway? Would I still have committed my life to missions? Yes, I'm sure I would have, but it is still painful.

Last week my oldest daughter had some wonderful times playing with friends. At the end of a long day we tucked her into bed, but she didn't go to sleep. Many times she came down looking for us. Sadness shown on her face. Finally I told her that it is okay to cry. For over an hour she cried, already missing the friends that she'd leave behind. Some she may never see again.

God has blessed her with some wonderful friends, but with wonderful friends comes the pain of separation.

Today would you remember to pray for Elissa, Natalie and Lauren as they prepare to make a transition back to the states for our year of itineration? Natalie and Lauren really don't remember life in the states and to Elissa, Moldova has clearly become home. Thanks.

No comments: