Sunday, December 16, 2007

My Day

In Romanian a birthday is referred to as "Your Day". Today is My Day.

Someone asked if the girls were excited for Christmas. Not until tomorrow. They have to get past my birthday on the 16th each year and then they can be excited for Christmas.

With a December birthday people always wonder if the celebration gets lost in the Christmas celebration. Never. Not with Elissa, Natalie and Lauren. The youngest two woke me up bounding on my bed, sang "Happy Birthday" and snuggled nicely. Elissa presented me with a card first thing when she got up.

We had a nice day and their dad helped buy the nice gifts that they presented me this evening. It was a lot of un. So tomorrow, since it won't be my day any longer, we'll try to get Christmas shaping up around here.

2 comments:

Frank Chiapperino said...

Happy Birthday Nancy! I am glad things worked out for your stay over there. I was praying for you.

Anonymous said...

Happy, happy belated birthday wishes! I pray God will refresh and renew you as you enter into celebrating Christmas with your loved ones near and far. Thank-you for what you do and most of all for who you are. It is a pleasure to have you share your life and heart with us. What a mighty God we have!