Sunday, February 03, 2008

We are back

I get back from a trip and have too much to do, thinking all the time that I need to get back and say how things went. So, now a week later, I'm finally there, ready to write!

The trip to India was good. I learned a lot and came away with a lot of ideas for implementing in Moldova. The girls did fine and so did Andy & I. We all missed one another and they were happy to have us arrive home. They'd made paper ringed streamers which were hung through the hallway and welcome home cards awaited also.

I know many of you have been reading and praying about our need for staff at the Home of Hope in Moldova. On Monday, when I returned, I had a call from a young lady who I'd been told about, but had not met. She is interested and God has moved her heart about the trafficking issue. We had a wonderful meeting together talking and sharing dreams and callings from God. I can see us moving together in this. She is incredibly sharp and willing to work wherever the need is, so I thank God for this connection.

This past Wednesday Shauna, our teacher, and I were called into immigration. Basically, they were going to deny our permits, but our lawyer convinced them to wait until the boss gets back from vacation this week. The boss has said that he will grant them to us. (Andy has his permit, but we are still waiting for our permit). So I ask you to pray for this in the coming week.

Monday evening Pastor Jeff Anderson from Rapid City, SD arrives for the week for the Molodva's Pentecostal Union pastor's conference. Please pray that this is a great week for Andy, Jeff and others to encourage the pastors and also to help them to grow in their vision and leadership. Pray also that Pastor Jeff and his staff member traveling with him have a safe and uneventful time in travel to Moldova.

And lastly if you will pray for our health. I feel like we've had a very healthy winter, but last week Andy had a bug and the same bug bit me today so right now I'm in bed feeling very tired, but unable to sleep. Pray that God keeps the girls healthy this week. I keep thinking that 2 years ago I ended up with a mattress on my floor for all 3 girls the week of the pastor's conference as they were all sick at the same time.

God is good through all that we do and he is keeping us in his hand. We thank him for his mercies that are new with each day. Blessings to you today.

No comments: