Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Hearts Changing

Today was a great day at the Home of Hope. I needed that. This has truly been the most difficult thing I've ever undertaken in my life and I really don't feel up to the task most days.

We sat and just talked with the women today, asked them their dreams and prayed together.

Here are a few things you can pray for:

1. Dina--Her twin sister,Lilia is still abroad in a brothel. Lilia's daughter is here with Dina. Today Dina asked that we pray her sister returns. We told her we'd welcome her to the Home too.

2. Aliona--She wants to be able to learn Russian. She has never had the opportunity for any schooling and she is very happy to learn Russian and English. She asked that she can learn the alphabet and reading quickly. Aliona has many deep wounds both physically and mentally from being trafficked. Pray God brings her healing in body, mind and soul.

3. Irina--Right now we are in a huge battle for Irina. She is hearing other voices, outside the home (real voices) telling her to leave. Last week was very discouraging for her. I can't say more here, only that we need a break through and miracle in her life.

I also want to ask for prayer for us personally as a family. We'll head back to the states this Saturday for Christmas and the World Missions Summit. Pray for protection for us as we travel, for all bags to arrive and no complications as we go. Pray also because my dad's health is declining rapidly and I pray for a good time with him for all of us. I'm sure they will be final memories for all of us.

Thanks for being so faithful in prayer.

Blessings to you in this Christmas season.

No comments: