Thursday, February 26, 2009

The Hand of God

I've been so blessed with seeing the Hand of God in the ministry we are doing. He continues to move ahead of us.

At the end of December it was clear that we needed a Christian counselor and social worker in the Home of Hope. These are not always easy to find in Moldova and it is not something we can just put a "help wanted" sign out for. But in the same week I was told about a social worker and a counselor. I met them the next week and hired them both. It is key that they work well together, and they work amazingly together. They came just as we needed them and at the right time.

Today we met with a partner organization about taking in a girl that they have. We talked with two other organizations who have been helping her. When we were done the social worker from the state came to us and said that she too is a Christian and she has been praying that God would give this girl the right situation and somehow take her from her pain. Tears ran down her face as she saw our home as an answer to her prayers.

Andy has been in the states speaking at some churches. It has been a good time for him, but we all miss him. He'll be back next week. Pray for safe travels for him yet while he is there and a safe return to us in Moldova.

Pray also for Elena and Oxana, the counselor and social worker, as they begin to learn their new jobs and find their place in the ministry.

Pray also for the new women we are taking into the home. God cares for each of them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Praise God for placing these people in your path when you needed them, and that you were able to be the answer to a prayer for one of them too! God is so good!

I read your blog and the notes that we get from Andy, and are so blessed by them. I'm horrible at commenting or writing back, sorry about that, but I do hope to get better about it. Hannah talks about Lauren often, and misses her so. She has written several letters to her, but unfortunately I think I've misplaced all of them before I've gotten them to the mailbox. I promise to better about that too, and get a letter from Hannah to Lauren soon. Hope school is going well for the girls.

I'll include my blog's URL too, so when you get a chance you can see what we're up to. I post pictures of the kids doing activities at church fairly often, so you'll recognize some faces!

God bless your family and your work!