Sunday, March 07, 2010

The rewards

This morning I was in church, struggling to be there. Some days are like that. Some visitors (brothers) where there sharing. All of it was in Russian. I wondered why I continued to sit there. And then as church was ending....

Ali* got up and gave a testimony, complete with tears (she is always telling me not to cry!) She just shared how her life has been so changed. She said how she'd lived so many years in the unfinished basement of local block apartments. She shared about how God had just changed her. She thanked the pastor, the church and me. After the service finally ended I went to her and hugged her and said, "I love you so much". I do. I knew it was huge for her to get up in front of the church today and cry in front of them. She had lived so many years without showing anyone any weakness. She would see tears as weakness.

And then Nelly hugged me. She is a new girl that came to us 2 weeks ago. She had sat in a prison in Dubai for 2 years! She said, "Nancy, I don't know where I'd be without you. I don't know where I'd be." And then she went on to say how thankful she was and how she can see that her life will be different, her life will be changed. And we cried together.

I had sat in church and said, "Lord, what am I doing here? Why am I in this church this morning? I'm only here because I feel I have to be." And then the Lord gave me His kiss through these beautiful girls.

My life is incredibly blessed by loving these girls who the world threw away and gave up on.

Thanks to all of you who pray for them and for this ministry. Thank you for giving and caring.

To us, this ministry isn't about statistics. It isn't about the sad stories you see in movies or read in a magazine. It is about real women who are needy. It is about women who need their life changed.

Please continue to pray for Ginny*. A week ago she went to court to face her traffickers. They did not show up. New court dates have been set for this month. Please keep her in prayer. It is incredibly frightening for her to do this, but she is willing to testify.

Pray also for workers. Our cook quit and we need to find another.

Thanks for your prayers and for your part in this work. It is so important.

No comments: