Thursday, May 17, 2007

Packing Boxes

Thanks to all of you who regularly pray for us by looking at this blog. Andy was recently at a church and he said several people came to him and were appreciative of this blog to know how to pray. It blesses me that people would take the time to let us know.

Life is pretty crazy right now. I have 3 areas to ask you to pray today.

1. We are working to get things packed to go and packed to ship. Would you pray that each thing we do is directed and blessed by God? This time we are shipping a container with household goods. This means I'm working to get these things packed to go, but also purchased to pack! I have a few more things to buy and my constant prayer is to find it affordable and available!

2. My dad has dementia and is continuing to fail physically. This is a strain on my mom and the entire family. I'm the youngest of 6 children. We are trying to come together so we can best help my parents. We need to be united to do this. (All are Christians). This week we are meeting with a counselor to help us better communicate about this difficult issue. Will you pray for that time on Friday morning?

3. This last one may sound trivial when we are raising a budget, packing to move and caring for aging parents, but it is real! I have a good friend who is German. We've been friends since high school (over 20 years). She was an exchange student who lived with my family and we are sisters in heart. She is getting married in one month and I'm going to her wedding in Germany. She's asked me to be her witness (which is like a bridesmaid). So I'm a 40 year old bridesmaid to a 40 year old bride. It makes me want to cry for joy. I'm so happy for Henrike. BUT I need to find a dress for the wedding and I'm striking out. It may seem little, but now that I know that I'm representing our American family in front of everyone at her wedding, it matters. I'm a bit stressed about it. I'm not a great shopper. So pray I can find the perfect dress. (I'm really not sure what that is!)

I'm blessed that you read this, but more blessed that you pray. We are held by that daily.

No comments: