Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Found my friend

These last weeks have been extremely difficult. The stress of not knowing and wondering what we need to do has been huge. We are not all the way through this yet, as we still don't have documents, but we are assured they will come and so we wait.

Last Friday we were having coffee at our favorite cafe' and I found my friend, Nastia. I have written about her in the past. Many have prayed for her and written to ask how she is. Well, I couldn't find her. Several times I'd called her cell phone, but it was always off. This usually means someone has left that number. Nothing helped me to find her.

So in the restaurant Elissa says to me, "Mom, is that Nastia?" The woman was going down the stairs to leave the restaurant and I could not see her face. So I ran after the woman and said, "Nastia?" She turned and we had a happy reunion.

It is a long story of what has happened to her life in the past 1 1/2 years, but she is married to a Greek, has a beautiful baby girl and lives here and in Romania. It was just wonderful to see her, meet her husband and baby. They were leaving the country again that day, but she will be back in a few weeks and we will meet intentionally at that time. I'm so glad to have an answer to her where abouts. Thanks for your continued to prayers for her.

No comments: