Monday, March 08, 2010

a Prodigal's Return

Today is International Women's Day, which I'm sure is celebrated in every country in the world except America! We had a great celebration, taking all the women out for pizza and salad. After pizza we went back to the home for ice cream and M&M cookies, which my daughter and I made last evening. (The cookies, not the ice cream).

I received tons of homemade presents. That's what is done on International Women's Day...you give presents to all the women you love. All the women worked to do something and give of themselves.

Andy is in the states. We put him on Skype, and he was able to wish everyone a happy celebration.

What a day! But the best of the day was holding our small one, Anika*, in my arms and crying with her. Last summer she chose to leave the home. She decided to walk away from all of it. The past Friday our Social Worker (bless Oxana!) took one of the other girls and they went to visit Anika in her village. They asked her if she'd want to come for the party today. Today they went to get her.

I'm not sure she said a word all day, but she took in the love. When I first saw her at the restaurant, I hugged her, but there was no response in the hug. It wasn't rejection, just inability to feel. Later at the home I again took her in my arms and told her how much I love her, how I've never stopped loving her. She hugged me back and together we cried.

We all sat for a bit and talked. The girls told Anika that every day, morning and night they have prayed for her return. They loved on her and welcomed her.

I love what God is doing there in all the hearts. It is so amazing to see.

Please continue to pray for Anika. She is the youngest girl we've had in the home. She so wants love. Pray that God really works in her life at this time. She hasn't said she will stay, but I'd be surprised if she doesn't.

Even when we chose to walk away, God never does. He has never left Anika.

In all the celebration and gifts today, seeing her again was by far the best thing.

No comments: