Thursday, October 21, 2010

My Heros

Our work at Freedom Home wouldn't happen if it were not for the amazing staff who run the home.  From the director and social worker to the ladies who rotate staying nights, we have an amazing staff.  

A few weeks ago I left the home remembering the time it was my job to make sure who stayed over the weekend.  I always needed to make sure someone would be there during the day if a staff member needed to go somewhere.  And now I don't even think about it.  They take care of it all.

But what I do think about is the mental health and well being of the staff.  I think about how they are growing.  I think about how they are being challenged.  I think about how they bear up under some really challenging working conditions. 

The conditions are challenging because traumatized women are not always nice to work with.  That puts it mildly. 

Some days there is a lot of screaming.
They've all been threatened in one way or another.
They've all be accused of crazy things.
They've all been told their Christianity isn't real.

But it is.  They are the hands of Christ in this work. They are the ones who carry the bulk of the load and work endlessly because they believe that Christ can bring healing and wholeness in the lives of these women. 

Please pray for our staff today.  They are 8 amazing women who give of themselves because they love to see the change Christ can bring in a life.  When the change doesn't come they can also get discouraged.  They live needing to fight compassion fatigue and burnout. 

Please pray for their strength. 

They are Elena D, Oxana, Elena G, Ana, Tanya, Victoria, Nadia and Olga. 

These women are my heros.

Please remember these wonderful women in prayer as you remember the work at Freedom Home.

And please pray as we still need a full-time cook and counselor.  

3 comments:

Rossie said...

You are all in my thoughts and prayers Nancy...thankyou for sharing about the work you are doing there. God bless you!
Lots of love, Rossie

Michelle said...

Thanks for letting us know so we can pray for each one individually. God bless you all!

Kirk said...

Nancy, I pray that these 8 Moldavian women would "struggle with all of His energy, and that it would work powerfully within them," (Col. 1:29), as the Holy Spirit did within Paul.

blessings, Kirk & Nancy