Saturday, June 18, 2011

A New Mind

This past Sunday as I walked up to church Amy* came running to me, smiles filling her face.  She threw her arms around me and exclaimed it is just a few weeks until her baptism.  She is so excited!  Every Sunday she and Tina* arrive at church early for classes for baptism. They are memorizing Scripture and learning Truth.  While preparing for baptism, they are also preparing to become members of the church.

We are so excited to see the first of two Freedom Home girls make the step to baptism.  They have committed their lives to Christ and want to walk with him all their days.  

Today I ask you to pray for them.   The memorization and work is not hard for Tina.  She has a great mind that works well.  It is another story for Amy.  She struggles with the affects of a life of abuse.  Each week she tells me the baptism is imminent.  She doesn't really understand the weeks and months, but she understands that Jesus loves her and she can quote Genesis 1:1 to me. 

Next week they both take a test for baptism.  Please pray for both of them.  Pray that the Scripture they have learned will go deep within their hearts and lives.  Pray for Amy especially that these things will stay in her mind.  It is so difficult for her, but she wants more than anything to have a closer walk with the Lord. 

Pray that Amy can learn and remember what she needs for baptism.  And pray that God would give her a new mind in this time. 

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Woo, hoo. Praise the Lord. I am praying for Amy. All has become new. Please let me know how the baptism goes and give my love to both women :)w

i am a redhead said...

This is so amazing and exciting!!! I am so happy for both of them! I will of course be praying for them! God is so good!

Michelle said...

I love your posts... Blessing Amy with healing of mind, soul and spirit in Jesus' name.