Thursday, January 12, 2006

January 12

We are home in Moldova. It is good to be home. The conference for students was incredible. The time with family great, but it is good to be back to where God has called us--cold, snow, crazy drivers and all.

The first week in the states was filled with visiting family, Christmas shopping, and doctors appointments. I experienced what is called "reverse culture shock". There is just so much available, so many choices and I didn't know if I wanted to be there. My last week in the states was wild with packing, visiting family and preparing to leave again. The conveniences of America appeared everywhere and I didn't know if I wanted to return to Moldova. My emotions swam with conflict.

As I've unpacked and tried to get over jetlag (I haven't slept the last 2 nights) I have been so glad to be home, and I realize that my conflicting emotions are very normal.

So today I just ask you to take time and pray for by name the missionary women that you know. Ask God to be with each of them.

We leave America and its conveniences not feeling that we are sacrificing, but glad to go where God has called us. But it doesn't make it easy to get to that foreign land and deal daily with the differences, inconveniences and problems here.

Pray for the missionary wife who has recently returned home and is missing her friends and church in the country she left. Pray for the missionary wife who will return to her country of calling soon and is dealing with the emotions of living again outside her passport country.

We are women who deeply love and appreciate two cultures and are forever torn between the two. A friend recently said to me, "When I'm in my country of calling, I so miss some wonderful American foods. And when I'm in America, I miss terribly the incredible tropical fruit we can get on the field. I want to always love and miss both places."

Thanks for your prayers today.

No comments: