Sunday, March 19, 2006

To Kiss the Word

Last summer I asked God to give me more opportunities with non-Christians in Moldova. It is so easy when we work in a Christian world to be isolated from non-Christians. The day I prayed this prayer we took a walk into center with the girls and stopped for ice cream at a favorite restaurant. As we went to leave, a young waitress we know, Nastia, asked if I'd start meeting with her to speak English so she could improve her English. I saw an immediate answer to the prayer I prayed that morning.

So we have been meeting since that time and a friendship has grown. Nastia began to ask questions about who we are and what we do here. We have talked with her about the Lord and she wanted to come see our church. Today she came to church and loved it. After church she came to our house for lunch. She said the service made her feel so good. Before she left our house we gave her some discipleship books and I asked her if she had a Bible. She didn't and I gave her my Romanian Bible. She took it with a smile and kissed it.

To her this used Bible is a most precious gift. I'm not sure I've ever kissed my Bible.

Would you please pray with me for Nastia? Pray that she comes to a true understanding of the need of Christ in her life. Pray that as she reads the Word, it would be alive and real to her and it would speak to her life.

Thanks. Now I need to go kiss my most precious Book.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nancy,
This is a beautiful story. Thanks for sharing it. God is so faithful. I will be praying for her and that God will continue to give us all opportunities with non-christians. Have a blessed week.
:) Shauna