Sunday, February 17, 2008

This and That

My titles are very compelling, I know. I always struggled in titling my stories in school. Guess nothing has changed.

Tomorrow (Monday) I'm leaving on jet plane. I'll be back in just under 2 weeks. I'm going to Minnesota to see my parents. So very glad that I have this opportunity. I sit this morning with the same feelings I had before going to India. I hate leaving the girls and Andy. They will be fine without me, but I'm fine.

Every friend we have here has asked how they can help when I am gone. I have told them to check with Andy. Why is it that when the mom leaves everyone asks the mom, but when the dad leaves, no one asks? I have complete confidence in Andy, but I will miss them all.

My emotions are so mixed because I'm glad I can see my dad again, glad I have time to visit with my mom. We'll celebrate my parents 54th anniversary as an entire family and have a few other fun family functions. I'm so glad I get to go and then I also hate leaving. Mixed emotions.

Our living permits are still in limbo. Please continue to pray for this. Andy has his permit, but Shauna, our teacher and I don't have ours yet. Andy and our lawyer meeting with the boss of immigration on Tuesday morning. Please pray for that meeting. This has been such a crazy thing, but we are hanging on through it all.

Thanks for your prayers.

No comments: