Thursday, April 12, 2007

Crunch Time

The clock is ticking loudly in my brain. We can count the months that we've been here--10--and the months until we leave--3 1/2. There are still churches to get to, people to see, family to visit.

These things aren't stressing me. We will get them done. What stresses me is that this time we are shipping a container and that container goes in about 5 weeks. That means I have things left on my list to purchase--some furniture, spices, foods, bedding, and more--and I need to get them bought. I get a bit done at a time and it always feels good. The list is getting shorter.

Then I need to pack these things up, and I need to pack the things from within our home. I hate packing. Doesn't everyone? My dream about 7 years into marriage was that we'd pastor a church in one place for years so that I wouldn't have to move all the time and could grow roots. Then God called us to missions a few years later. So much for roots. I have loose ones all over the place.

But I'm rambling. The point is I'd like your prayers as we work to accomplish all that needs doing in the next month and we can feel like we have things together. These points of panic arise within me and I know that I need to ask God to give me help and let me get done what we need to accomplish.

I know He always does. Last time I blogged I asked you to pray for Andy's trip. It was an amazing time. He only spent 3 full days in Moldova and saw tons of people and accomplished tons of work. He returned exhausted and it has taken 1 1/2 weeks and I feel like he is finally back to himself again and over jet lag. The House of Hope project is underway. We have a crew working on it already and we are so excited that this has started.

So thanks for your faithful prayers and please continue to keep us in your prayers in the next month.

Blessings!

No comments: