Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Praying for those yet

Sunday evening Andy led a great prayer meeting for missions at the church we call home this year. The first thing he asked us to pray for is those who will hear, those yet to believe.

Monday morning I flew to Montana for District Council. Usually I'm seated by people who have no interest in talking with anyone. Yesterday I had 2 seat-mates who loved to talk. The girl at the window was a student at a small Bible College in Billings, MT. I knew where she stood with God. The man in the middle was a young businessman and very devout to his faith, but did not know of a personal relationship with Jesus. He was sandwiched between two women who loved God and he began to ask questions how his faith was different than our faith.

It was a very neat 2 hour plane ride. I had picked up a book in the Christian Bookstore last Friday that had caught my eye "Soul Cravings" and I felt God speak to my heart to give it to him. We never know how God is working in someones life and what seeds that are planted will take root.

Would you pray for Greg today? He is one who has yet to know Christ as Savior.
And will you pray the simple prayer we prayed on Sunday evening--that God would soften the hearts of those yet to believe in your circle of influence and also in Moldova. There are so many yet to believe.

I write this in light of the tragedy that happened yesterday at Virginia Tech. I've wept as I have watched the news. I know there is a great Campus Ministry group there at VT. I met some of them at the World Missions Summit a year and a half-ago. Would you pray for the believers on that campus as they look to find hope themselves and as they offer hope to those around them? Pray for their Campus Pastor. I don't even know his name, but he serves that campus so taht people can know the truth of the Gospel. Pray that what Satan meant for evil, God can use for good.

No comments: