Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanksgiving day

Our table will be spread with Ocean Spray Cranberries, which I found yesterday. We have fresh sweet potatoes, which someone graciously brought us from the states. There will be potatoes and dressing, gravy and beans and a skinny village turkey who gave his life for us yesterday. His lack of size will be supplemented with roast chicken. Even without the Butterball it is STILL very much Thanksgiving Day.

So many forget the thankfulness of the day and only focus on the turkey. And the tradition of America is a great meal set on the table this day in November.

But today amidst the craziness of our lives, I'm glad for a day to stop and give thanks. We have so much to be thankful for today.

First is God's great gift of salvation through his Son, Jesus. That is amazing. I'm thankful for His Holy Spirit who intercedes for us when we don't have the words to do so and comforts us with a peace that passes all understanding.

I'm thankful that God called me to Moldova and gives me the great privilege of serving Him here.

I'm thankful for a wonderful husband and three wonderful girls who also love to live and serve in Moldova.

I'm thankful for Shauna, who has given this year to teach our girls, freeing my time.

I'm thankful for all of those who have given to build the Home of Hope and I'm thankful for Misha, Victor, Valentin and the rest of the crew over there that are doing such a beautiful job constructing the home. They give of their time (even if it is a job) so willingly and stay in the home, even still, when the heat is not quite yet in!

I'm thankful for each one who supports us in giving and in prayer.

I'm thankful for our health and our strength for each new day.

God has blessed us so much and it is good to stop and Thank him for all the blessings, even if the turkey has exercised a bit too much in his life to make him fat and tender, I'm thankful that we found one just to say we could taste it today!

Have a blessed Thanksgiving.

No comments: