Monday, August 16, 2010

Sweet Dreams

Today I had the privilege of sitting with a newer resident in the home, Mary, and hearing her story.   Her story came out in the midst of her pain.  Last Thursday she surrendered her life to Christ and then the nightmares began each night.

She shared how these nightmares are really not new, but have come each time she's wanted to change her life for the better.

When I talked to her about the evils of trafficking, she stopped me saying, "Trafficking isn't the only evil that has happened in my life.  In fact, it may not even be the worst.  My whole life has been ruled by evil people."  Wow!  This is a life I cannot even imagine.

She thought that maybe if she could just be better, she could change things in her life.  So I began to talk to her about people in the Bible who came to Christ in their sinful states, and Christ took them just as they came to him.

What shocked me was that she knew everyone of these stories.  Years ago, when she was in an orphanage, she had been given a Bible.  She knew the Bible incredibly well.

And I realized that although her life has been filled with so many bad things, God has been right there with her.  Theologically, I don't really understand this.  I don't understand how someone can be mistreated for so much of their lives, how they can be raped, how they can be trafficked.  I don't understand how the evil in this world can take them there, but I know we serve a God who is so amazing, and he cares for them in each of these places.

I understood that God has been holding Mary for so many years and that now she has the chance to hear of him and to understand his love for her, walked out in the lives of the staff at the Home.

Please pray for Mary.  Pray that she will have sweet dreams.  Pray that Christ will set her free from all the bondage of the past.  She wants so much to be free.  We prayed for her to be free.  Please join me in praying for her tonight and all this week.  Pray that God would give her sweet, sweet rest, without any nightmares.

Thanks for believing with me for her sweet dreams.

3 comments:

Rhonda said...

Oh, Nancy. What a sweet, sweet spirit you have. I am so blessed to be influenced by you and your incredible family.
I will agree with you in prayer for Mary. My heart breaks for her, and I'm sure I've only a tiny, tiny glimpse into her life.
It hurts, then it feels wonderful to know that God is and always has been at her side.
I could be Mary in so many ways. In spite of the fact I grew up in a home with two loving parents, had all my physical and emotional needs met, had summers at our lake home, winters in a wonderful home in town, fun brothers and sisters...I could still be Mary. Not for the trauma as she experienced, but a life without Christ is devastating no matter what priveleges you have.
I will pray simply for Mary. That her live be overjoyed by the presence of Jesus. That she would be filled with the Holy Spirit and surrender her life of pain.
In my prayers I dedicate Mary to the Lord, as a parent would dedicate their child. That from now until forever she would rest in the arms of Jesus.

Nancy, thank you to you and Andy and your amazing girls, for all you do in the name of Jesus. You are always on my prayer list.

Bless you!
Rhonda

Michelle said...

My Aunt Barbara Fuller posted a link to your blog.... I'm committing to you to follow the blog and carry you in my prayers. We're in a different time zone, but I bless Mary with peaceful dreams and you with renewed strength. God bless!!

http://peacefulones.blogspot.com said...

Praying. You have a rare privilege of extending kindness to those who are new to it. May Mary's dreams be sweet, her joy grow in Jesus day by day. Give her a hug from me, ok?